Juicing is becoming a well-known fad these days, and we are right on par. Grown from simple carrot juice, we have found this kindly flavored combination that is a perfect start to your journey towards juicing heaven.
For this recipe, we combined beets and carrots which provide a delightfully sweet flavor with celery and ginger which add a nice tang and spice. All mixed together reminds me of some fresh curry dish packed into a glass (yum!).
This juice has fresh ginger root which helps aid in digestion. The beet juice is a fantastic liver cleanser and detox. Carrots, as we all know, provides supple amounts of vitamin A and is fantastic for the skin. Overall this is a cleansing drink for inside the body and out, and is perfect for your afternoon pick-me-up when you need a boost or as an added bonus for your daily meal plan.
Dr. Mercola swears, “that the benefits of juicing are the keys to giving you a radiant, energetic life, and truly optimal health.”
And we couldn’t agree more.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 large organic beet, trimmed and peeled
- 5-6 organic carrots, ends cut off and washed
- 2 celery stalks, washed
- nub of ginger root (size of your thumb), peeled
What to do:
- Prepare your vegetables by washing and trimming as necessary.
- Combine everything in a juicer and allow to pour out into a 10oz sized glass.
- If you do not have a juicer, you can blend everything together in a blender, and allow to drain through a cheese cloth.
- If not drinking immediately, enjoy within 24 hours and keep refrigerated.
Makes 1 10-ounce glass full