Coconut is simply a miracle food for it’s numerous health benefits; aids in digestion, contains healthy oils, and helps to lower cholesterol to name a few. Combined with the antioxidant filled blueberries, this recipe is a deliciously addicting health food. It will take no more than 5 minutes to whip up and will please the little mouths in the house. Enjoy!
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 T maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blueberries are chopped to small bits.
- Pour mixture into a 8×8 glass dish. The smaller your dish, the thicker your bars.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight or until bars are solid.
- Cut into squares, wrap in plastic and store in freezer.
Note: You can make popsicles with the mixture by pouring into popsicle molds or dixie cups and freezing.
Makes about 9-12 bars (depending on the size you cut)