What You’ll Need
For the Salad:
- 16 oz brussel sprouts – ends trimmed, halved and sliced very thinly
- 1/2 small red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cup raw pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 organic stayman apple (or another sour apple), cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp raw honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- splash of water
What to Do
- Prepare brussel sprouts by thinly slicing with a knife or mandolin, and add to a medium sized serving bowl. Do the same with the onion.
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat and add raw pecans. Add a teaspoon of butter and a sprinkle of salt, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until they are browned nicely. Let cool, roughly chop, and add to salad
- Chop your apple and add to the salad, along with the crumbled blue cheese.
- Start preparing your dressing by combining lemon, dijon, and honey in a bowl. Whisk while slowly adding olive oil. Add salt and pepper and whisk more, until creamy texture is reached. Add a splash of water and mix.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss until well coated. Serve immediately
Serves as a side for 4-6 people