Sometimes you don’t have a lot of time in the morning to make an extravagant breakfast. Sometimes you want something that is satisfying, quick and transportable. Smoothies are definitely that. Coming in to spring, we tend to lean towards lighter and cooler meals. A smoothie satisfies that hunger and gives you a good boost for that morning rush without weighing you down.
Make for 2 or for 6 and pack to go for everyone in the family to sip on. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 5 frozen figs
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream (the one in a can they call coconut milk, but it’s really thick!)
- 1-2 cups coconut water
- squeeze of lemon juice, optional (I like the added tang)
- raw hemp hearts for topping
Note: If you have fresh figs and bananas that is even better! You’ll just need to compensate by adding ice.
What to Do:
- Combine figs, banana, cashews, coconut cream and 1 cup of coconut water in a blender and blend. It will be pretty thick, so you’ll need to pause and mix every once in a while. If it is still too thick, gradually add more coconut water until it blends smoothly and consistency is as desired. Taste and add lemon if you like a bit of tang.
- Pour into tall glass, top with hemp hearts and cashews and serve immediately.
Makes about 2 smoothies