Skip buying the pre-packaged trail mix with GMO oils and peanuts. This is a flavorful combination of herbs and spices that takes no longer than 20 minutes to make. Beware: this mix is addicting. So grab a cold drink and enjoy because once your start, it is hard to stop.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame sticks
- 1/2 cup plantain chips
- About 2 T freshly chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (use more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- About 3 T extra virgin olive oil, or until coated
- 2 T fresh maple syrup (optional, we did not use this, but I think the slight sweetness would pair perfectly with the spice!)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well until everything is well coated.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool on baking sheet and store in glass jar or container.
Makes just over 1 quart of trail mix