By Heather Spergel
Like many gluten-free foods, this fragrant and flavorful snack/dessert bread is best eaten within a day.
- 1½ cup blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tbs. chia seeds
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon (fresh is best)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. organic lemon oil (extract)
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, tapioca flour, chia seeds, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into a second bowl; blend with hand mixer for 2 to 3 minutes, until frothy.
- Mix in with the eggs the honey, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon oil (for extra zing).
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing as you add more. Mix until combined.
- Bake in a greased bread pan at 300 F for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook or the bread will dry out.
Photo credit: © Heather Spergel