By Tia Ohm
A twist to regular zucchini bread, this delightful snack includes bursts of tart blueberry bites. You can make in bulk and freeze for the winter to enjoy the fresh summer ingredients.
- 3 pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut oil; 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups organic sugar or honey
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups whole wheat flour or flour of your choice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1 pint fresh organic blueberries
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans, or 2 medium sized pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries and walnuts. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans.
- Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Photo credit: Tia Ohm