By Tia Ohm
We love having nut bars around the house, and try to keep them as healthy as possible by omitting oats and grains. With these bars, it seems you can blend almost anything together and have it taste good. This particular seasonal treat is not too sweet but a perfect blend of spices and flavors. A great recipe for the kid’s lunchbox or a little something when you get home from work.
- 1 cup dried apple rings
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1/4 cup raw Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 T raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 T raw sunflower seeds
- 1 T raw brown flax or chia seeds
- 2 T coconut flakes
- 1 T coconut oil
- 2 T coconut cream
- About 1 T maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spices (clove, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon)
Note: This recipe can be altered to your liking. Exchange the prunes for dates, cranberries, or aronia berries and use what nuts and seeds you like best
- Add all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender and blend until everything is chopped small.
- Press into a square dish, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- When mixture has hardened, cut into small squares and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge and enjoy on the go.
Photo credit: Tia Ohm